AFFOA’s mission is to enable a manufacturing-based revolution by transforming traditional fibers, yarns, and fabrics into highly sophisticated, integrated and networked devices and systems.
- Lasting Institute – AFFOA is conceived and constructed with the goal of establishing a financially viable organization that will have a significant and enduring impact on the U.S. fibers and textiles manufacturing sector.
- Dedicated Mission – AFFOA NPO’s sole purpose is to administer and carry out the mission of AFFOA.
- Sustainability – AFFOA’s governance structure works now and will work five years from now.
- Independence –AFFOA should be perceived and act as an independent organization and be held accountable to all of its stakeholders.
- Transparency – Responsibilities and roles of the various components of the governance structure are clear.
- Representation and Integration – Governance structure engenders communication and participation of AFFOA stakeholders across the AFFOA ecosystem through representative bodies.
- Simple and efficient decision making – Governance structure enables efficient and rapid decision making and operations (not business as usual).
- Product – Product context, product roadmaps and the ability to engage industry in proprietary ways are critical to AFFOA’s engagement of industry now and in the future.
- Government Involvement – Governance structure enables Federal Government participation now and in the future.
Members of AFFOA’s Fabric Innovation Network will have exclusive access to an end-to-end prototyping facility. The facility will open its door during Q2 2017.
Learn here how AFFOA will transform the manufacturing industry from traditional fibers, yarns, and fabrics to highly sophisticated devices and systems.
To build a sustainable, high-tech ecosystem that captures this national opportunity, AFFOA will: